SAFER RECRUITMENT PROCESS
1. Submit your application online
- We do expect that at this stage you will have read the job descriptions and related pay. The online job descriptions clearly set out the duties and responsibilities of the job role. The person specification is of equal importance. The document details the skills, experience, abilities and expertise that are required to do the job. The person specification includes a specific reference to suitability to work with children.
- Once you have read the relevant job descriptions, use the ‘Apply Here’ link. Fill in all required fields. The form contains questions about experience working with children, qualifications, and suitability for the role. You must also provide two referees (previous employees, managers, tutors, but not relatives). You must also upload various documents, including your driving licence, passport, and curriculum vitae.
2. We will contact you
We will send you an email once we have reviewed your application. This might take a bit of time so please do be patient. If successful and there are available roles for you, then we will ask to meet with you at out office on Richmond (TW9 1AA).
3. Background checks
- Once a meeting/interview time has been agreed, we will carry out our pre-interview checks. These include your two referees being contacted and their references being verified before the interview date. We will also send you an email to request certain documents that you will need to bring to the interview.
4. Meeting / Interview
- These are often small group interviews where we see how you interact with others (often up to 6 people).
- The interview is office based and a chance for you to learn more about Activ Camps and our ethos, as well as for us to get to know you.
- We will discuss your curriculum vitae, motivations, childcare and safeguarding experience and other details you provide to us on your application form.
- You will need to bring all original copies of certificates for your role if appropriate (activity specific/childcare, DBS, first aid) and passport, driving licence and other documents as requested in the email we send to you.
- We do not provide any travel expenses for this meeting.
5. Training and Recruitment Day
- If we believe you are right for us (and you feel Activ Camps is right for you!), then you will need to complete some online training and induction process. This will include child safeguarding and a review of our operational policies.
- All staff will also be required to attend one of our one-day Training and Recruitment Days, based in the Wimbledon/Barnes/Clapham area. This is a chance for you to see our policies and procedures in action, to attend Activ Camps specific safeguard training, and also for us to see you in action. So this is still part of our recruitment process.
6. DBS Checks and Staff Agreement
On successful completion of your Training and Recruitment Day, which is still part of our recruitment process, we will commence the process of attaining an Enhanced DBS check that is up to date, if you do not currently hold a DBS check. If you do but are not already part of the DBS update service please click here.
For any DBS check there is a £52 fee. Activ Camps will initially cover this cost, only deducting it from your pay packet on completion of work.
We will then send you a Staff Agreement with confirmation of employment and links to all appropriate Employment Manual, policies, procedures, support material and risk assessments. It is at this point that we will begin the staffing matrix for the upcoming season to ensure we place staff on the right camp according to the staffing numbers and skills required.
7. Details of the camp(s) will be sent to you
- Once you have completed the Staff Availability Survey we will begin to organise the dates you are required to work, at which venue and in what position. We will ensure that you are aware of the deadline for completion of the Staff Availability Survey and when you can then expect to hear from us.
- There will be a number of rounds of staffing dates being released. This is to ensure we staff our camps appropriately as bookings and numbers of children on camp increases.
- Please help us by making sure that you keep us up to date with your availability, without delay, if any changes occur.
8. The Non-Stop Fun begins
- This is where you deliver a fun and amazingly exciting camps programme to ensure the children have Non-Stop Fun.
- We will carry out an appraisal of all new staff on our camps, in accordance to Our Values (read Our Mission and Our Values here). These appraisals will be carried out by your Site Manager or staff from Head Office.
- We may ask for your feedback after the event as your insight will help us develop our programmes for the children and the working experience for our staff.