Activ Camps Ltd is a Company incorporated in England and Wales and is a ‘controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Activ Camps Ltd will respect and protect your privacy at all times. We will keep your information secure and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection Act and consumer legislation.
We will never share personal details with any other company/individuals. However, if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority to provide your information, we are entitled do so.
What information will we collect from you?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to what we are dealing with. In particular we may collect the following information from you that is defined as ‘personal data’:
- Personal details including name, address and contact details
- Payment details
- Personal details of the children and young people in our care that are legally required
We also collect information that is referred to as being in a ‘special category’. Including:
- Physical or mental health details
We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of the website that were viewed during your visit, and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You agree that:
- The information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you will notify us immediately of any changes
- Not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use
- Failure to provide the necessary information may result in your booking not being accepted
How will we use your information?
We will mainly use your information to book a child or young person onto one of our events, ensure that we are aware of and properly manage any special circumstances (such as medical, dietary or religious) that you make us aware of and as is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We may also use it for:
- Administering accounts
- Processing your bank/credit card details in order to obtain payment
- Market research
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you
- To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from this at any time once your registration has been processed. You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing.
Who will we share your information with?
Personal data collected will only be processed by appropriate individuals on a ‘need to know’ basis. Information may be shared with regulatory bodies such as Ofsted and BAPA where required.
Some processing activity is carried out by third parties such as IT systems, web developers or cloud storage providers. This is always subject to contractual assurances that personal data will be kept securely.
Where you authorise us we may also disclose your information to your family, associates or representatives and we may also disclose your information to debt collection agencies if you do not pay our bills.
How long will we keep your information for?
We will keep your information or that of the child or young person you register with us throughout the period of time that we do work for you and afterwards up until your child is aged 21 as we are required to do by law and for insurance purposes.
For matters relating to staff information and retention please see the work for us pages of our website.
What rights to you have?
You and the child or young person you have registered with us have a series of rights under the General Data Protection Regulation including the right to access a copy of the information we hold about you. Further information on this issue can be obtained from our Data Protection Officer Lily Bolton Green at (email@example.com).
Who can you complain to if you are unhappy about what we have done with your information?
If you are unhappy about how we are using your information then initially you should contact the Data Protection Officer and if your complaint remains unresolved then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, details are available at www.ico.org.uk
You may contact us to confirm any of the details outlined in this policy, or to request details of personal information which we hold about you.
Post: Activ Camps Ltd, 1 Union Court, Richmond, TW9 1AA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.