TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
www.activcamps.com is a site operated by Activ Camps (“we”) (“us”) (“our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06826959 and have our registered office at 1 Union Court, Richmond, TW9 1AA.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our sites is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our sites without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our sites, or an entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our sites. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our sites through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our sites, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our sites for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our sites.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our sites must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our sites are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our sites regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our sites, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our sites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our sites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our sites, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITES
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITES
Contracts for the supply of goods or services formed through our sites or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our terms of conditions of supply.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITES
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our sites, or to make contact with other users of our sites, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our sites.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our sites if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our sites or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to www.activcamps.com or any of the home pages, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out below.
If you wish to make any use of material on our sites other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
LINKS FROM OUR SITES
Where our sites contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms;
- Bulletin boards;
- (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our sites, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our sites (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- Or the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that do not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our sites;
- any equipment or network on which our sites is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our sites.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The Activ logo is a UK registered trade mark of Activ Ltd.
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you may contact us on 07896 546 067, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting this site.
Activ Camps v3.1
When making a booking with us at Activ Camps Ltd we feel that it is very important that we come to an agreement. This agreement allows us to know what can be expected from the other party in certain situations from the start of our journey together, right up until your children return home from camp safe, happy and exhausted! Once you have ticked the box to say ‘Yes, I have read the agreement and am happy to continue on this journey!’ and have submitted your booking then you are agreeing to our terms and conditions below, and we can both be confident in the course that this journey will take.
By accepting this agreement we can be assured that you are:
- at least 18 years old
- the legal guardian of the child, or children, you are making the booking for
- legally capable of entering binding contracts.
- All bookings will be confirmed via email once full payment has been made. Bookings made where part or no payment is made will be deemed as pending. Please bear this in mind when paying with childcare vouchers as it takes longer for funds to reach us
- Once full payment has been made the booking will be confirmed, however, this is subject to availability at the time of confirmation
- We accept payment by childcare vouchers, cheque and credit or debit card.
- If we cannot accept your booking for any reason we will be sure to refund you in full as soon as possible.
- Children must be 4 – 14 years of age to attend Activ Camps, if there is any confusion over a child’s age our Site Managers reserve the right to ask to see the child’s photo I.D..
3. CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
- If you need to change or cancel your booking with us then please let us know in writing as soon as possible. As changes and cancellations require considerable administration time and have a major impact on our staffing levels, the following charges will apply:
|4 + weeks||Free||Free|
|3 weeks||£10 per change||£10 per day irrelevant of the number of children|
|2 weeks||£10 per change||£15 per day for 2 + children £10 per day for 1 child|
|1 week||Sadly, no changes can be made with such short notice and will be seen as a cancellation instead.||No refund|
- If your child is forced by illness or injury to miss a day on camp we will happily view this day as credit to be used within the following 12 months. Simply provide us with a doctor’s note within 14 days of the first day missed on camp.
- In extreme and very unfortunate circumstances Activ Camps may need to cancel a camp. In this situation we will do our best to give at least 14 days notice and the option of joining us at another camp instead. If not, you will be refunded the full amount for the days cancelled.
- Refunds will be made via the same method of payment you used whilst booking and may be subject to a £5 administration charge.
- The cost of our camps, parties and other services we provide will be displayed clearly on our website.
- Don’t worry, if prices change you will only be charged at the rate displayed on the website at the time of your booking.
- If there is a clear error in the displayed prices on our website or any marketing material please let us know. We will not be able to provide you with our child care services at this incorrect rate and you will be asked to pay the difference to fully confirm your booking.
- At present we do not charge you the credit or debit transaction commision rates, however we do reserve the right to do so.
- If you pay by cheque and this cheque bounces you will be charged a £10 fee that will be used to cover the bank charges and our administration costs.
5. AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES AND DATES
- We always make sure that our website and advertising does reflect our activity programme. However, inevitably, the availability of certain activities is dependent on the weather, ground staff advice and other circumstances outside of our control. We will do our best to inform parents of any restrictions or changes.
- Not all of our activities are available at each of our sites so please do read the site specific information on our website prior to booking. In the same light, not all of our activities will be available at every site on each day.
- No refunds will be made for activities that do not occur as we do always continue to provide a wonderfully wide range of activities.
6. ACTIVITIES AND SAFETY
- Activ Camps works hard to ensure the safe care of all children on camp, and this includes a thorough, ongoing risk assessment process for all activities.
- By accepting this agreement you give consent to your child taking part in a variety of activities, as stated on our website, and may well include adventurous activities such as, rock climbing, archery, trust games, orienteering, swimming and inflatables, and that participating in any of our timetabled activities is done at their own risk.
- In regard to rock climbing, you consent to the British Mountaineering Club (BMC) participation statement: “The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement”.
- Specialist protective equipment will be provided for rock climbing and archery, but sturdy footwear (i.e. no crocs, flip flops or ballet pumps) must be brought to camp and worn by children participating in these activities. Children may not be allowed to participate if they do not have appropriate footwear.
- Your child may participate in swimming during their day at camp and will complete a swim test before pool fun commences.
- As our camps are such non-stop fun the younger children get very tired and we therefore require all 4 – 5 years olds and some older children, decided at our discretion, to wear a buoyancy aid.
8. PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- Activ Camps staff will take photos and video footage throughout the camp day for use in promotional materials by Activ Social Enterprise Ltd and to keep you updated on what your little ones are up to!
- Please let us know at our Head Office if you have any objections to your child being in these photos or videos.
9. DROP OFF AND PICK UP
- When you join us each morning you will be met at the front door where you will be asked to give the names of the children you are dropping off. You will then be asked to fill out a registration slip, one per child, and it will include your name, the child’s name, age and, most importantly, who is picking them up!
- If the person collecting is different to the person that dropped off then their name must be on the original sign in slip and PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. must be shown. Regardless if you are mum, dad, granny or grandpa, you MUST have PHOTOGRAPHIC I.D. if not the person who dropped them off in the morning.
- If your child is arriving or leaving on their own please provide written confirmation of this either by email or in writing.
10. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Activ Camps aim to be entirely inclusive, however, to do this we need to know the requirements of our children so that we can provide the best possible service and care for them.
- To enable us to do this please ensure that you provide us with all the information we need including medical details, behavioural details, details of any medication taken, learning difficulties or special needs.
- Failure to provide this information may result in the child’s exclusion from certain activities and/or camp. No refund will be offered in this case.
- If we deem your child too ill to attend camp, especially where we feel their illness may be contagious, we reserve the right to send them home or cancel their booking. Of course, as illness can’t be helped, credit days will be provided.
- Children should bring sunscreen to Activ Camps. However, we will always have some on site in case of those surprisingly sunny days! Please let us know if your child might have any reaction to using our sunscreen.
11. FIRST AID
- In the event of an accident an Activ Camps staff member will administer first aid and, if necessary, call the emergency services.
- For those prescribed an adrenaline auto-injector (i.e. Emerade, EpiPen, Jext), please ensure you note this on the booking form. In accordance with government healthcare recommendations, your child should have access to more than one device on camp. Parents must meet the Lead First Aider on arrival at camp to discuss your child’s allergies and medication administration.
- All essential medication, including all adrenaline auto-injectors, must be handed in to the Lead First Aider each morning for checking and for the appropriate form to be completed. Adrenaline auto-injectors, once checked in, will be looked after by your child’s Group Leader so that they are with your child at all times on camp.
- If any medication is not clearly labelled with the child’s name or is out of date then your child will not be able to stay on camp until the correct medication is handed in to us.
12. INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- Activ Camps’ insurance is provided by Activities Industry Mutual and includes Employers’ Liability of £10,000,000 and Public and Products Liability of £5,000,000
- Activ Camps does not accept any liability for personal injury or sickness, or the death of any person, unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its staff.
- Activ Camps will not take responsibility for the loss or damage of any items of personal property brought onto the camp. Our insurance does not cover personal items.
- Activ Camps encourages all parents and guardians to have appropriate insurance in place for personal injury, personal possessions and booking insurance with regard to their child’s attendance on one of our camps.
13. BEHAVIOUR AND EXCLUSION
- Activ Camps are non-stop fun and if a child’s behaviour begins to impede this, it will not be tolerated
- Any negative behaviours such as bullying, aggression or disruption, will be dealt with with zero tolerance.
- Children displaying these behaviours repeatedly may be excluded from activities and/or camps.
- No refund will be given for the day of exclusion and any further days booked.
- All children in attendance of Activ Camps should be toilet trained. Activ Camps reserves the right to send any child home who is not.
14. LOST AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Please do not allow your children to bring expensive belongings such as music players, tablets, toys and even expensive clothing to camp.
- Please ensure that those items children do bring to camp are clearly labelled with the child’s full name.
- We encourage parents and guardians to check their child’s belongings at collection each day. A lost property box will be available for parents to look through for any missing items.
- If you lose something please send us an email with a description of the item so that we can attempt to return it to you. If, however, any items are not claimed within 14 days of the camp ending they will be donated to charity.
- Activ Camps accept no liability for loss or damage to any property belonging to a child, guardian or staff member.
15. PARENT FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- At Activ Camps our aim is to provide the highest quality care for children within our community. We continually look to adapt and change our practice for the better.
- Your feedback can really help us to do this so please contact us with any thoughts at any time.
- At Activ Camps we take complaints extremely seriously and can almost always resolve them. However, we need to know as soon as possible so that we can follow them up immediately.
- If you are on site and have a complaint please direct it towards the camp Site Manager. If, however, they are unable to help then please contact the Activ Camps Manager, Will, via our Head Office.
16. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- As is the trend in this modern day, nearly all of our communications and written information will be electronic.
- This agreement means that you accept that any information provided electronically holds the same legal standing as if it were in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you should be done so via email to email@example.com or by post to Activ Camps, 1 Union Court, Richmond, TW9 1AA
- All notices given by us will be done so via our website, email or via the postal address you provide when booking.
- Once you have made a booking with Activ Camps you will automatically be added to our mailing list enabling you to receive updates on the upcoming camps. You can always unsubscribe by clicking the link at the end of the booking.
- Notices will be deemed properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent or 3 working days after posting of any letter. Emails must be sent to the correct addressee and letters addressed and stamped correctly.
18. DATA PROTECTION
- We will keep your information secure and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection Act and consumer legislation.
- Your details will only ever be used to inform you of future camps and events run by Activ Camps. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
19. EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Activ Camps is an equal opportunities employer and also welcomes all children regardless of gender, ability, race or religion.
- Each child within our community is as important as the next and we will ensure that they receive equal access opportunity.
20. CHILD PROTECTION
- Activ Camps has a legal obligation to report any suggestion of child abuse or neglect and will do so immediately.
21. SPECIAL NEEDS
- It is our policy not to exclude any child due to special needs, wherever possible. The needs of each child vary, so decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to participate in and enjoy Activ Camps.
- Please contact our Head Office to discuss how we can support your child.
For further information please contact Activ Camps on:
A: 1 Union Court, Richmond, TW9 1AA.
Activ Camps v5
Please contact us if you would like our booking terms and conditions in a larger font.